UM President C.D. Mote, Jr., has promoted the following Clark School faculty members to full professors:
- Raymond Adomaitis (chemical and biomolecular engineering and Institute for Systems Research [ISR]); his research interests are systems modeling and simulation; semiconductor and thin film processing. This academic year, Adomaitis taught undergraduate courses on computer methods in chemical engineering and thermodynamics.
- Reza Ghodssi (electrical and computer engineering and ISR); his research interests are design and development of microfabrication technologies and their applications to micro/nano devices and systems for chemical and biological sensing, small-scale energy conversion and harvesting. This academic year, Ghodssi taught graduate-level courses on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS).
- Raymond Phaneuf (materials science and engineering [MSE]); his research interests are nanotechnology, surface physics, low electron microscopy, photoemission electron microscopy, scanned probe microscopies, nanostructure-enhanced light-matter interactions, and templating for directed self-assembly. This academic year, Phaneuf taught undergraduate courses in materials design and nanotechnology characterization.
- Peter Sandborn (mechanical engineering and ISR); his research interests are electronic packaging and reliability, life-cycle cost analysis of electronic systems, technology obsolescence forecasting and management, supply chain management and parts selection and management for electronic systems, and design for environment of electronic systems. Last fall, Sandborn taught an undergraduate course on dynamics.
- Ichiro Takeuchi (materials science and engineering); his research interests are combinatorial synthesis and characterization of electronic and smart materials, fabrication and characterization of novel thin-film multilayer devices and scanning probe microscopes. This academic year, Takeuchi taught undergraduate courses in microprocessing of materials and physics of solid materials.
Riaz Promoted to Associate Professor
Herrmann Promoted to Professor
Sandborn, Pecht Co-Author Book
ME Alum Achieves Tenure
Hugh Bruck Promoted to Full Professor
Spring Engineering Commencement Ends on a Delightful Note
Dr. Sandborn Promoted to Full Professor
May 7, 2009